The School of Economics and Finance is located in Queen Mary’s main campus in Mile End, a creative and culturally diverse area in the heart of east London, close to the London financial district.
QMUL is the only university in London with a self-contained campus. Students are able to live in award-winning accommodation in our Student Village at Mile End, whilst benefiting from the friendly campus atmosphere, close proximity to lectures, as well as the excitement of London life.
Our faculty members are recognised experts in their fields, and their research has impact on policy making and the public debate. The breadth and depth of our expertise enable us to offer courses and PhD supervision in all major areas of Economics and Finance.
The School offers a range of undergraduate degrees , which are systematically ranked at the top of UK programmes in Economics and related disciplines. Graduate education in the School is organized around several Masters programmes and a structured doctoral programme. Our research culture is fostered by two weekly seminars for invited speakers and regular international conferences.
We are proud to host a diverse and vibrant community of faculty and students. Academic members of staff come from more than fifteen countries and three quarters of our students are from abroad.
Facts and figures
Record of excellence
- 10th in the UK for research power in the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014)
- 94% and 96% students satisfaction in, respectively, economics and finance study (National Student Survey 2015)
- 3rd in London and 17th in the UK in the Complete University Guide 2016
- 3rd in London and 17th in the UK in the Sunday Times University Guide 2016
- 3rd in London and top 20 in the UK in the Guardian University Guide 2016
- 6th in the UK in the Times Good University Guide 2014
- 96% of our graduates are in work or further study within 6 months of graduation (Destination of Leavers from Higher Education Survey, 2013)
- MSc Investment and Finance ranked 6th for Careers and ranked in the Financial Times Global top 40 (Financial Times: Masters in Finance Pre-experience 2015)
Please contact us if you would like to find out more about the School of Economics and Finance at QMUL.