Research keywords: Macroeconomics, Political Economy.
Xavier Mateos-Planas is currently a Professor and Director of Research in the School of Economics and Finance at Queen Mary University of London.
His primary research interest is in quantitative macroeconomics. His agenda reaches across various themes, including the determination of fiscal policies, financial frictions and consumer credit regulation, the dynamics of sovereign debt default, unemployment and inequality, technology and development, and fertility and economic growth.
Xavier obtained his PhD from Universitat Pompeu Fabra and has held positions at the University of Southampton and SUNY Stony Brook.
- Quantitative macroeconomics
- Mateos-Planas X., Seccia G. (2013) "Consumer bankruptcy with complete markets", Economic Theory.
- Mateos-Planas X. (2013) "A model of credit limits and bankruptcy", Economics Letters.
- Mateos-Planas X., Cuadras-Morató X. (2013) "Over education and skill-biased technical change", B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, Advances.
- Mateos-Planas X. (2010) "Demographics and the Politics of Capital Taxation in a Life-cycle Economy". The American Economic Review, 100:1, 337-363.
- Mateos-Planas X. (2008) "A Quantitative Theory of Social Security Without Commitment", Journal of Public Economics, 62, 652-671.
Chris Redl, Carlos Uribe, Nils Gudat