Research interests: Macroeconomics, Econometrics and Quantitative Methods.
Haroon Mumtaz is a Professor of Economics at Queen Mary University of London.
His research interests are applied Bayesian econometrics, monetary policy and International Macroeconomics.
Previously Haroon was an economist at the Centre of Central Banking Studies in the Bank of England.
- Aplied Bayesian econometrics
- Monetary policy
- International Macroeconomics
- Barnett A., Mumtaz H., Theodoridis K. (2014) "Forecasting UK GDP growth and inflation under structural change. A comparison of models with time-varying parameters," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 129-143.
- Mumtaz H., Zanetti F. (2013) "The Impact of the Volatility of Monetary Policy Shocks," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(4), pages 535-558, 06.
- Mumtaz H., Surico P. (2012) "Evolving International Inflation Dynamics: World And Country-Specific Factors," Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 10(4), pages 716-734, 08.
- Kapetanios G., Mumtaz H., Stevens I., Theodoridis K. (2012) "Assessing the Economy‐wide Effects of Quantitative Easing," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 122(564), pages F316-F347.
- Francesco B., Mumtaz H., Surico P. (2009) "The great moderation of the term structure of UK interest rates", Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 856-871, September.