The School of Economics and Finance is recognised as one of the UK’s top departments.
Record of Excellence
- 10th in the UK for research power in the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014)
- MSc Investment and Finance ranked in the Financial Times Global top 40 (Financial Times: Masters in Finance Pre-experience 2016)
- MSc Investment and Finance ranked in top 20 for getting a job in hedge funds, private equity and asset management,eFinancialCareers
- MSc Investment and Finance ranked in top 30 for getting a job in investment banking,eFinancialCareers
- 3rd in London and 24th in the UK in the Complete University Guide 2017
- 3rd in London and 18th in the UK in the Sunday Times University Guide 2017
- 2nd in London and top 15th in the UK in the Guardian University Guide 2018
- Overall satisfaction score of 89 per cent for economics and 92 per cent for finance in the latest National Student Survey results, with 100 per cent in Economics, Finance and Management (LN12)
- 91.8% of SEF* students are in work or study 6 months after graduation (DLHE 2015)
- Our faculty members are distinguished research economists and recognised experts in their fields, who publish in the profession's most influential journals and advise major institutions such as the Bank of England.
- We have a well-established reputation for providing high quality teaching, with invaluable contributions from respected City practitioners and industry experts bringing practical insights into the classroom.