We provide access to the latest banking and financial industry software and subscribe to the major statistical databases and software packages, used by economists in finance or in government.
Software and Trading Room
- Real Time Data/Trading Software: Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) is one of the few UK universities to offer training and access to Bloomberg trading terminals (in our designated trading room) as well as Interactive Brokers Trader Workstation (TWS) and FXCM FX Trading Station.
- Students have access to 22 Bloomberg terminals that give students the possibility to access, monitor and analyse real-time financial market data and place trades on the Bloomberg trading platform. The system also provides news, price quotes and messaging services. Bloomberg is one of the largest provider of economic and financial data that is widely used in the finance industry. Training on the use of the terminals is provided by the School and access to the Bloomberg Trading Room gives students an unrivalled opportunity of acquiring skills that will be invaluable in the labour market.
- Time Series Data Software: A full range of economic and financial data is available through DataStream, Macrobond and the WRDS platform (including Bankscope and CRSP).
- Statistical Analysis Software: A wide range of Econometric software including Eviews, Stata, Matlab, Gauss etc.
- Two computers labs with 70 PCs and designated printers.
You will be allocated an academic adviser during your stay at Queen Mary. The adviser will be available to discuss both academic and pastoral matters with you.
If you require any further advice, assistance or information throughout your studies, you can also contact our Postgraduate Programme Manager and Student Support Manager based in the School of Economics and Finance Administration Office. They will be happy to help.
MSc Investment Club
We have a dynamic investment club – the only one of its kind – which allows students to trade real money (currently £40,000) in order to obtain relevant, practical work experience in trading and portfolio analysis.
Find out more about the benefits of joining our MSc investment club.
We are the only university in central London offering a completely self-contained campus at our Mile End home. Students are able to live in award winning accommodation in our Student Village, whilst benefiting from the friendly campus atmosphere, close proximity to lectures, as well as the excitement of London life.