The Euro: Views from the Commonwealth
13 April 2018
The Central Bank of Malta and Queen Mary University of London held a joint conference titled "The euro: Views from the Commonwealth" on Friday 13th April. The conference provided an opportunity for scholars, central bankers and policy practitioners from the Commonwealth countries and Europe to express their views and perceptions about the global role of the euro in the post-crisis world economy.
If you would like to find out more you can view the presentations below.
- Professor Edward Scicluna, Minister for Finance, Malta
- Mr Mahmood Pradhan, Deputy Director European Department, International Monetary Fund
- Professor Franklin Allen, Imperial College London - The Euro: The Next Step of CMU (joint with Ľuboš Pástor) [PDF 284KB]
- Ms Rita Schembri, Central Bank of Malta - Malta’s own euro experience - a testimonial [PDF 873KB]
- Dr Kalina Koleva, Central Bank of Malta and Mr Brian Camilleri, Malta Enterprise Corporation - Studying the structure and dynamics of flows of goods and services between Commonwealth countries and European Union member states [PDF 454KB]
- Mr Arun Sharma, International Finance Corporation - An International Business Perspective [PDF 147KB]
- Professor Jagjit Chadha, National Institute of Economic and Social Research - Monetary-Fiscal Interactions: A view from the UK [PDF 310KB]
- Dr Peter Westaway, Chief Economist, Vanguard Europe - Prospects for the euro area ….short and long term? [PDF 700KB]
- Dr Richard Barwell, BNP Paribas Asset Management - Monetary Policy in the Euro Area [PDF 410KB]
- Professor Athanasios Orphanides, MIT Sloan School of Management - The euro challenge to Europe [PDF 1,327KB]
Read the Central Bank of Malta media release.